Rawlings Giles achieves efficient and effective dispute resolution for our clients. Our breadth of experience spans litigation in various jurisdictions, ICC arbitration, and white collar criminal defense. The substance of these disputes has included sovereign bond purchase orders, distribution agreements, libel, trademark rights, trade secrets, unfair competition, restraint of trade and interference with business relations.
Rawlings Giles specializes in the establishment and maintenance of European subsidiaries of foreign-based companies. We also advise corporate clients on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious business matters, including:
- Acquisition and disposal agreements: negotiation and drafting; representations and warranties; due diligence (relating to the purchase of businesses in both share and asset form, and the streamlining of companies with subsidiaries across many jurisdictions).
- Tax planning and structuring: creation and monitoring of holding companies; employee stock options and transfer taxes; compensation structures; emergent tax legislation and reporting obligations; litigation to ensure correct tax application.
- Supply and distribution: supply and distribution agreements; exclusive distribution agreements; franchising agreements; supply-chain management; subcontracting.
- Property: tax and environmental law implications of transactions and related due diligence.
- Employment: Employment law issues in the context of reducing staff for maximizing value in business sales, and the negotiation of severance packages.
- Compliance: compliance relating to various regulations, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and antitrust legislation.
- Intellectual Property: trade mark registration, licensing agreements and other matters helping clients to create and safeguard their intellectual property rights.
- Finance: real estate finance; acquisition finance; asset-based finance; IPOs.
- Insolvency: representing interested stakeholders in claims against companies in financial difficulty.
We advise private individuals on a wealth of matters, including tax planning. Our work has encompassed the management of structured real estate transactions across various jurisdictions, employment and capital tax planning
and estate planning.
Rawlings Giles’s clients operate in a multitude of sectors. We have experience in, among other areas, telecommunications, freight and logistics, cosmetics, publishing, vehicle leasing, catering, hotels, construction, and manufacturing industry.